[asterisk-users] PCI32 and PCI-X compatibility

Michael Spiceland mspiceland at digium.com
Wed Feb 13 13:54:43 CST 2008

> this is my 1st message, I'm writing to ask if anyone knows if a PCI32
> card like the TDM400P (quad analog) or the B410P (quad BRI) is working
> on a PCI-X bus, at 100MHz or 133 MHz. I'm really stuck with this,
> since I found a partial "yes" on this mailing list but my supplier says
> "no"!

Marco,

You should not have any issues using a PCI card in a PCI-X slot, as long as the card is a 3.3V PCI card.  The cards that you mention above are 3.3v compatible and you should be able to use them.

All of Digium's product line is available for 3.3v slots.  Most are universal and can be used in 3.3v or 5v slots.  The only exceptions are the dual and quad span T1/E1 digital cards.  For those cards, there are 3.3v variants (TE410P and TE210P) and 5v variants (TE405P and TE410P).

--
Michael Spiceland