[asterisk-users] LCR in Asterisk

Tilghman Lesher tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com
Wed Feb 13 12:52:42 CST 2008

On Wednesday 13 February 2008 11:45:34 Jay R. Ashworth wrote:
> Having programmed in about 8 different languages over the last 25
> years, I can see both points of view.  And admittedly, I haven't tried
> to do non-trivial things with dialplan.
>
> That said, my view of this interaction is that Tilghman has drunk the
> Kool-Aid<tm>, and that Alex's view of the situation is much closer to
> objective.

Or maybe I'm just the architect of the dialplan moving forward, which is why
I advocate that if you really don't need to use AGI, you don't.  ;-)

> dialplan appears to have "jes' growed", and that never makes for a good
> language design.  Ask the Python 3 team.  :-)

I'm specifically working on removing misfeatures from the dialplan, to make
it much easier to use and more predictable.  1.6 will be a huge improvement
towards this goal.

--
Tilghman