[asterisk-users] Analog DID

James Finstrom jfinstrom at rhinoequipment.com
Wed Feb 13 11:33:31 CST 2008

Rhino's Analog cards support analog DID. no need for all the extra
stuff You will want to get an R8FXX with fxs modules that will give
you channels in sets of 2.

ADID has not really taken off in the OS telephony market I think due
to a lack of understanding people stay with the proprietary phone
systems that pimp this feature. Okay so I will take the lead and pimp
it for asterisk. With Rhino Analog cards you CAN do ADID with no extra
equipment. However if you want to spend the money we can go the other
route :)

darren wrote:

> An analog DID trunk is a line (typically part of a group) that has
> a group of numbers assigned to it at the telco side.  They work in
> a variety of ways depending on the telco.  One example is the
> trunks as Telus provides them.  The end user provides dialtone back
> to the telco.  When a call comes in on a DID the telco picks up the
> first available line (remember, the customer is providing dial
> tone.) and dials the last 4 digits of the dialed number.  They are
> often replaced by PRIs but in some locations a PRI is not
> affordable and these provide the same DID functionality for a small
> fraction of the price.
>

> Darren Wiebe
>
> darren at aleph-com.net
>

> Wed Feb 13 2008 10:11:44 AM MST from Tzafrir Cohen to
> asterisk-users at lists.digium.com Subject: Re: [asterisk-users]
> Analog DID
>
> On Wed, Feb 13, 2008 at 10:40:25AM -0600, Joe Pukepail wrote:
>
>> Does anyone have any suggestions for connecting analog DID
> trunks?
>

> What is an analog DID trunk?
>
> You want to connect phones to your Asterisk? Connect to the PSTN?
>
>> I have some small locations that will have 2 analog DID trunks
> each, the only
>> solution that I can see will work will be using a channel
> bank and T1 card,
>> but it will be close to $1500 to terminate these DID
> trunks. Was hoping
>> someone had some experience using an ATA or TDM card and
> analog DID trunks.
>>
>> Rhino Channel Bank - $750 4 Port FXS module for channel bank -
>> $150 T1 Card - $500
>

> This is for providing plenty of analog extensions (phones). Is that
> what you're after?
>
> -- Tzafrir Cohen icq#16849755 jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
> +972-50-7952406 mailto:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
> http://www.xorcom.com iax:guest at local.xorcom.com/tzafrir

> !DSPAM:47b327c1163231152562594!

> !DSPAM:47b327c1163231152562594!

- --
James Finstrom
Rhino Equipment Corp.
Tel: 1-800-785-7073  ext. 6344
FAX: +1 (480) 961-1826
IP: asterisk.rhinoequipment.com ext 6344
FWD: 633686 ext 6344

received
this in error, please contact the sender and delete the email and its
attachments from all computers.