[asterisk-users] UK issue - Asterisk dialling 999... sort of

Phil Knighton phil.knighton at mjog.com
Wed Feb 13 08:12:25 CST 2008

Hello

This is a fun one for the list...

Twice now, the Police have contacted us to say they have had a silent
call then hangup from our landline number to the 999 service.  As a
matter of course, they follow up these calls in case someone is in
distress.  Nobody here was in distress - well, no more than normal!  The
Police aren't hugely happy when we tell them it must be a mistake.

Thing is, I have checked both our master log, and our dialled calls log
- and nobody dialled 999!  Each phone has an account code applied from
sip.conf, and we log all numbers dialled.  Nobody dialled out.

There are no phones connected in anyway other than via Asterisk, fax
number is dealt with by a virtual machine, alarm system is on a
different number...

Any ideas before the rossers come and take me away?

Phil

Phil Knighton
Support Engineer
MJog Support Team

Soft Option Technologies Ltd

The Old School, 23 High Street, Wilburton, Cambridgeshire, CB6 3RB

Tel: 01353 741641 |  Fax: 01353 741341  |  Email: info at mjog.com
<mailto:info at mjog.com>  |  Web: www.mjog.com <http://www.mjog.com/>