[asterisk-users] restart asterisk daily

Haan Patrick Patrick.Haan at ams-engineering.com
Wed Feb 13 08:02:23 CST 2008

which distribution do you use?
Maybe a Fedora 7????

greez
patrick

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com [mailto:asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com] Im Auftrag von Tzafrir Cohen
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 13. Februar 2008 14:46
An: asterisk-users at lists.digium.com
Betreff: Re: [asterisk-users] restart asterisk daily [senderbase]

On Wed, Feb 13, 2008 at 02:31:11PM +0100, randulo wrote:
> On Feb 13, 2008 9:29 AM, Tzafrir Cohen <tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com>
> wrote:
> > Gee, I only have 7 MB free! I must reboot to free some memory! And
> > that Asterisk is using so much memory!
>
> Do I detect a tiny bit of sarcasm here? Someone from Digium (or
> elsewhere) might be able to jump in and explain the asterisk memory
> strategy and why it doesn't have any detrimental effects on anything
> else running on the same system.

Sarcastic indeed. Indeed all those assertions were false.

Off-Topic:
The big memory consumer I have on my system is $GECKO_BROWSER. I currently have iceape (seamonkey), after just one day of operation:

tzafrir   8186  1.1 53.1 763016 264008 ?       Ssl  Feb12  19:23 /usr/lib/iceape/iceape-bin

Iceweasel (firefox), epiphany and kazehakase don't seem to be much different.

So I have no issues with the little copy of Asterisk on my desktop system...

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
+972-50-7952406           mailto:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com