[asterisk-users] Automatically start after restart

bilal ghayyad bilmar_gh at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 13 04:38:42 CST 2008

Dear Matt;

Special thanks for you, but I did not understand what
u mean by: Hash: SHA1?

Do u mean to type SHA1 from the putty when I am
connected remotely? I tried that and I did not find
such command, but rather I found commands like
sha1sum, sha224sum, sha256sum, ...

Can u advise what exactly meant by SHA1 and from where
to be typed?

I am using Fedora core 7.

Regards
Bilal

bilal ghayyad wrote:
> Hi All;
>
> How can I let Asterisk start automatically once the
> machine restarted without need to type asterisk
-cvvv?

> Any script or something that can do that?
>
> Also, in which command line screen (F1 or F2 or F3
or
> ..?) I will find it?

Use the asterisk init scripts or safe_asterisk:

1. type "make config" after you finish compiling and
installing
 Asterisk
2. type "service asterisk start" (in Fedora/CentOS
etc) or
"/etc/init.d/asterisk start" in other distros
3. type "asterisk -r" to connect to the process

or do the same but using "safe_asterisk" instead of
the scripts.

The benefit of the make config stuff is that you can
then do "chkconfig
asterisk on" to make Asterisk start up automatically
on boot.

- --
Kind Regards,

Matt Riddell