[asterisk-users] Need good voicemail documentation

Jaap Winius jwinius at umrk.to
Tue Feb 12 18:53:53 CST 2008

Quoting Jaap Winius <jwinius at umrk.to>:

> After wrestling with the voicemail system for a while (Asterisk 1.4.14,
> Debian etch), I got it to work, but I still have lots of questions,
> like:
>
>     * Why can't I delete any voicemail messages?
>       (Response: "Message undeleted.")
>     * Why can't I listen to the messages in the Old folder?
>     * Why can't I use the advanced options?
>       (Response: "I'm sorry, I did not understand your response.")
>     * How come if I put "mailbox=1000 at rjs_voicemail" in my phone's
>       context of sip.conf, do I get an error?
>       (CLI: "...Remote host can't match request NOTIFY to call...")

The first three problems were apparently due to a database
connectivity problem. Earlier, I had set up an Asterisk database in
postgresql and configured  cdr_pgsql.conf, but neglected to do the
same for res_pgsql.conf. Once that was taken care of, this voicemail
weirdness disappeared.

The fourth problem has to do with MWI and the SIP phone I'm using.

Cheers,

Jaap