[asterisk-users] Grandstream GXP2000 Loses Connectivity

Rob Hillis rob at hillis.dyndns.org
Tue Feb 12 03:29:34 CST 2008

One thing to keep in mind is that the Grandstream's firmware is
notoriously buggy and unreliable.  I've got one GXP2000 here that is on
the 1.1.5.15 firmware, and I wouldn't even consider upgrading other
phones to them.  Unfortunately, the quality of the Grandstream firmware
is appalling and doesn't seem to be getting any better - if anything,
the stability is getting /worse/.

My advise for what it's worth is to use the Grandstream phones to their
best purpose - as a doorstop (albeit for a fairly light door)