[asterisk-users] Disappearing B-Channels

Ben Willcox ben.willcox at british-gymnastics.org
Mon Feb 11 13:57:14 CST 2008

Mark Greene wrote:
> I could do that. The only issue is that I don't understand why others
> with my setup have not had to do the same. What's unique about my TDMoE
> setup that makes it intolerant to channel restarts? I did everything by
> the book.

We had a similar problem, and although your symptoms are not identical,
we had a massive ongoing problem with the reliability of our ISDN
channels, where they would randomly stop working until eventually we
could no longer make any outgoing or incoming calls via our PRI line. A
restart of asterisk was needed to get it working again.

We finally discovered that the problem was our use of cacti, monitoring
channel usage via the manager interface. We were hitting the manager
interface with 4 connects, queries and disonnects per minute, and over
the course of a day, asterisk would start dropping calls and other
strange behaviour. I guess there is a memory leak or similar with the
asterisk manager interface.

Perhaps not your particular problem, but thought I'd throw it in there
anyway as you never know...

Cheers,
Ben