[asterisk-users] Automon reliability issue

Drew Gibson drew at oanda.com
Mon Feb 11 13:53:57 CST 2008

Jaap Winius wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> Can someone please explain how to get one touch recording (automon) to
> work reliably? I'm using Asterisk 1.4.14 on a Debian etch system. My

We made this function reliable by including the word "quickly" in our
instructions for pressing the keycode to start the recording. (Asterisk
1.2.24 on Debian Etch)

Although a private confirmation beep to the initiator of the recording
would be handy, this is the way things have to be in order to use the
features.conf codes and still allow the use of * and # when calling
outside IVR and voicemail systems. eg. "Enter your password followed by
the pound key..."

regards,

Drew

--