[asterisk-users] Cisco phone 79xx get database information

Conrad Wood asterisk-users at conradwood.net
Sun Feb 10 16:00:13 CST 2008

On Sat, 2008-02-09 at 12:51 -0500, Doug Lytle wrote:
> Javier Temponi wrote:
> > Hi, may be this question is a bit silly, but I couldn’t find any
> > document or post or anything that say that if this is possible or not.
> > I want to show information on my phones cisco 7960/40 when a call
> > arrive. May be a bit more than a caller ID, show more detail level, if
> > is that possible.
> > I already have an asterisk and the phones registered there, and I need
> > to show on the phone display, when the call is ringing, the customer
> > information..
> >
> > Something like this:
> > source number: xxxxxx
> > Customer Number: xxxxx
> > Name of Customer: xxxxx
>
> You may want to check

How about doing something like that in your dialplan?

Set(CALLERID(name)="source number: xxxx\nCustomer Number: xxxx
\nName..."))

I know the ciscos display the callerid-name, so you could put all the
information in the callerid-name field and the phone will display it
as-is.
It might take a bit to make it look pretty and it might affect your CDR
as well. But it might also make your microwave shrink, who knows? ;)

Conrad