[asterisk-users] oneway audio with asterisk behind cisco pix 506

Ravichandran Rajagopal ravichandran.rajagopal at gmail.com
Sun Feb 10 10:25:36 CST 2008

Otis,
I don't have access to ssh into the Cisco PIX firewall. I have been logging
in using https into the Cisco PIX (without a username and only with a
password).

The following is the information in the asterisk server.
[rtp.conf]
rtpstart=10000
rtpend=20000

With the Cisco I went in through the https and then I chose the Command line
option and I typed the command
asterisk permit udp any host 192.168.5.0 range 10000 20000 and then I didn't
know whether I should have done anything else. Should I have issued any
other command to save this changes. I am asking that question as in the
below sequence of commands you are mentioning  "write mem"

One interesting thing that I found was I dialed 4025901000 and then punched
5 which routes the call to my cell phone. If I don't pick up the call it
should go to my voicemail at which juncture I expect silence as the audio is
not coming through. Instead I hear the dialtone and then after x number of
rings I get a fast busy. I know not what happened. I guess with all of the
below given the thing that I didn't do yet was touch the asterisk
configurations yet.

If I am struggling with all of this cisco pix. Can you tell me how to enable
firewall in the linux-asterisk server and then disable cisco pix firewall
from its firewall behaviours so that I can isolate the problem and move
forward. Please advise.

Thx
Ravi