[asterisk-users] Disappearing B-Channels

Mark Greene markgreene at gmail.com
Sun Feb 10 01:44:38 CST 2008

In my efforts to solve a mystery of asterisk slowly loosing it's ability to
take incoming and outgoing calls I set asterisk to restart b-channels every
60 seconds hoping I would find something odd after some time.

So now I am looking at the CLI a few hours later and look what happens when
asterisk restarts the 23 b-channels I have.

pbx1*CLI>
    -- B-channel 0/19 successfully restarted on span 1
    -- B-channel 0/21 successfully restarted on span 1
  == Primary D-Channel on span 1 down
[Feb 10 01:41:23] WARNING[4102]: chan_zap.c:2401 pri_find_dchan: No
D-channels available!  Using Primary channel 24 as D-channel anyway!
[Feb 10 01:41:24] ERROR[4102]: chan_zap.c:8200 zt_pri_error: !! Got S-frame
while link down
  == Primary D-Channel on span 1 up
    -- B-channel 0/19 successfully restarted on span 1
    -- B-channel 0/21 successfully restarted on span 1
    -- B-channel 0/23 successfully restarted on span 1
pbx1*CLI>

That's the output while I've been writing this email. Those are TWO restarts
of the b-channels. Notice I am missing a seizable amount of my 23
b-channels.

Where are they going?! How do I find out?

I've recompiled my asterisk, zaptel, and libpri to the most recent versions
but that's made no difference.

- Mark