[asterisk-users] Upgrade 1.2 -> 1.4 voice files

Russell Bryant russell at digium.com
Sat Feb 9 16:41:24 CST 2008

Adrian Marsh wrote:
> In the Make menuselect, I noticed theres no .SLN voicefile selection for
> the basic audiofiles - has SLN been depreciated?

No, the sln format is still supported.  We have just never distributed any files
in that raw format.  Previously, we only had gsm recordings.  For Asterisk 1.4,
we got all of the prompts re-recorded so that we could distribute them in a
number of higher-quality codecs, as well as in 3 languages.

The actually scripts of the files has not changed much, as far as I remember.
The sounds.txt file in 1.2, and the 1.4 sounds packages should say exactly what
they are.  You can always compare them with diff.

--
Russell Bryant
Senior Software Engineer