[asterisk-users] External MWI question for Asterisk

Grey Man greyvoip at yahoo.com.au
Sat Feb 9 05:07:12 CST 2008

If not, how external script and Asterisk do communicate ?

Our MWI program is written in C# but to send SIP NOTIFY requests is very straight forward and could be done in anything. Our program is 250 lines of code and that includes polling the database to decide when to send the NOTIFY requests. In the NOTIFY request the body consists of:

Messages-Waiting: yes|no

That's all you need to turn on and off the MWI indicators on every device we've come across. There's nothing tricky to MWI at all.

Regards,

Greyman.

www.yahoo7.com.au/y7mail