[asterisk-users] Sending a message from inside voicemailmain.

Tilghman Lesher tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com
Sat Feb 9 00:32:31 CST 2008

On Friday 08 February 2008 23:28:01 William F. Acker WB2FLW +1-303-722-7209
wrote:
> On Fri, 8 Feb 2008, Tilghman Lesher wrote:
> > On Friday 08 February 2008 18:21:20 William F. Acker WB2FLW
> > +1-303-722-7209
> >
> > wrote:
> >> As far back as I can remember in 1.4, the option of sending a VM from
> >> voicemailmain (3-5 or 3-5-1), depending if you could use the directory
> >> has been broken.
> >
> > So does this work if you use the directory, if you don't use the
> > directory, or neither?  Is the mailbox you're sending to within the same
> > context?  Are you using the 'default' context or one of your own?
>
>       Thanks for mentioning contexts.  All of us are in the default
> context.  So I started playing around with the options pertaining to
> contexts.  I found that if I uncommented searchcontexts=yes, I could send
> from inside.  The explanation says that if the parameter is set to no,
> only the default context will be searched, which should have worked for
> me.  By setting it to yes, I now have lots of happy users.

Well, I spent a couple hours and tracked this down.  Basically what was
happening was that we were passing a literal context of "(null)", which
is why the mailbox wasn't being found (that's the string that you get when
you printf a NULL).  And due to this string, it took a long time to figure
out why.  This is now fixed in revision 103197 for SVN 1.4.

--
Tilghman