[asterisk-users] Sending a message from inside voicemailmain.

William F. Acker WB2FLW +1-303-722-7209 wacker at octothorp.org
Fri Feb 8 18:21:20 CST 2008

As far back as I can remember in 1.4, the option of sending a VM from
voicemailmain (3-5 or 3-5-1), depending if you could use the directory has
been broken.  In the ChangeLog for 1.4.18 a bug (11735) was mentioned.  I
do seem to remember that in 1.2, it wasn't possible to send a message to
ones-self.  This bug fix apparently corrects that situation.  Well, I
guess it would, if only it were possible to send a message to anyone.
When I try to send the message, the system silently fails, returning me to
the prompt that would be spoken after the message was successfully sent.
On the console, i get: [Feb 8 22:12:10] WARNING[19921]:
app_voicemail.c:2850 leave_voicemail: No entry in voicemail config file
for '3825' If I try to send a message to a mailbox that actually doesn't
exist, Allison tels me about it, as one would expect.  I don't get the
error message on the console.  I am told what file is being played, again,
as expected.

     Any ideas?

--
Bill in Denver