[asterisk-users] Monitor Asterisk using C

Lee Jenkins lee at datatrakpos.com
Fri Feb 8 12:52:55 CST 2008

Soumya Kat wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have installed Asterisk 1.4 along with net-SNMP 5.4.1 in my Fedora 8
> system. Asterisk works fine for me and I can log into Asterisk-GUI and
> monitor asterisk.
>
> What I would like to know is how to get information such as SIP users,
> number of SIP connections and traffic associated with those from
> asterisk using a C Code.
>
> Thank you.

Soumya,

This may help:

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+manager+API

Not sure what you mean by "traffic" though.  For call history, you might look at:
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/CDR

For current status of sip lines, etc. the Asterisk Manager Interface (AMI) is
still your friend.  AMI command "SipPeers" will force all event packets to be
issued for sip peers which you can catch and analyze.

--
Warm Regards,

Lee

"Everything I needed to learn in life, I learned selling encyclopedias door to
door."