[asterisk-users] Question about Asterisk versions (newbie)

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Fri Feb 8 12:15:48 CST 2008

On Fri, Feb 08, 2008 at 05:12:33PM +0200, Vytenis Sabaliauskas wrote:
>        Hello,
>
>     I would like to consulate with you guys. I'm setting up an Asterisk
> server on Debian. The problem is that Rhino drivers are only compatible
> with Zaptel 1.2.

Thats seems odd to me. Are you sure? I would suggest you to check again.

> By default debian stable offers asterisk 1.2 and zaptel
> 1.2, and that suits our needs. Is there a bleeding need to use latest
> version of asterisk? I have managed to install Asterisk 1.4 and Zaptel
> 1.2 but then i got the ioctl error for chan_zap. Is combination
> "Asterisk 1.4 and Zaptel 1.2" possible? In forums I've red that its
> somehow bad :)

One thing to realize is that there are also quite some changes in the
1.2 series . Specifically, around zaptel 1.2.13 .

Another thing to realize is that asterisk build chan_zap according to
zaptel.h found at /usr/include/zaptel/zaptel.h (where it was installed
by zaptel 1.4 , zaptel 1.2 installs it at /sur/include/linux/zaptel.h) .
So my guess is that you have headers from zaptel 1.4 installed on the
system.

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com