[asterisk-users] External MWI question for Asterisk

Grey Man greyvoip at yahoo.com.au
Fri Feb 8 05:42:53 CST 2008

Hi Olivier,

Yes we send MWI notifications to all user agents on our service which include IP Phones and ATAs.

We use the externnotify option in voicemail.conf to pipe out to an external script everytime a voicemail is checked. That script does a few things that allows our MWI service to know that there are no longer any new voicemails for a specific and a NOTIFY request is sent to the user agent to turn the MWI off.

Regards,

Greyman.

www.yahoo7.com.au/y7mail