[asterisk-users] Asterisk as XMPP component. How to use it ?

Ben Willcox ben.willcox at british-gymnastics.org
Thu Feb 7 13:53:12 CST 2008

Olivier wrote:
> At the opposite, I think it could be useful for an Asterisk server to
> act as XMPP User Activity provider (ie update XEP-0108 field with
> "on-the-phone" value).
> Do you agree ?
> Is there any XMPP client supporting User Activity ?
> Is Asterisk capable of getting or sending such User Activity messages ?

The Openfire XMPP server (http://www.igniterealtime.org/) has an
asterisk plugin which uses the manager interface to send 'On the phone'
status to XMPP clients. It works very well.
It also has the capability to Pause and Unpause queue members depending
on idle status, but that is very annoying and we turn that off!

Cheers,
Ben