[asterisk-users] Preventing IAX frame concatenation

David Hogan david.hogan at freshtel.net
Thu Feb 7 03:17:03 CST 2008

Hi all,

I have spent some time searching, but I haven't found a way to prevent *
from concatenating two frames into one IAX packet.

I have a situation where I make an IAX GSM call to *, which transcodes
to an iLBC SIP call. Every second voice packet the IAX client receives
contains 2x 20ms frames, the other containing only one. I presume this
is related to the mismatch of 20ms GSM vs 30ms iLBC. What is odd, is
that this doesn't happen when I use G711 on the IAX leg - each packet
contains 20ms.

Anyway, the IAX client I am using isn't handling the 40 ms packets
gracefully. Is there something I can configure on * to prevent the
concatenation?

Cheers,

David Hogan