[asterisk-users] Matching "+" characters in dial plan

Anselm Martin Hoffmeister anselm at hoffmeister-online.de
Wed Feb 6 18:49:18 CST 2008

Am Donnerstag, den 07.02.2008, 00:18 +0000 schrieb Ed W:
> Can someone please explain how to match a + character in a dial plan (so
> that I can swap it for the "00" country escape code).
>
> In Europe at least the + is a common shortcut for the international
> prefix (which is "00" in my country).  However, my trunk chokes on the +
> character and all my speed-dials are setup with a + at the start of
> them... Trying to fix the phone rather than the addressbook...

You should get away with

exten => _+[1-9].,1,Goto(00${EXTEN:1},1)

If you had any special use for triple-0 numbers (as we do), you should
afaik also be able to use

exten => _+.,1,Goto(00${EXTEN:1},1)

We do not allow "+0" numbers though because that would contradict the
meaning of a "000" number in our setup. Generally "+AABBBCCC" is dialled
as "00AABBBCCC", as international phone call, through our outward phone
provider without them noticing any weird + signs.

BR
Anselm