[asterisk-users] Matching "+" characters in dial plan

Ed W lists at wildgooses.com
Wed Feb 6 18:18:12 CST 2008

Can someone please explain how to match a + character in a dial plan (so
that I can swap it for the "00" country escape code).

In Europe at least the + is a common shortcut for the international
prefix (which is "00" in my country).  However, my trunk chokes on the +
character and all my speed-dials are setup with a + at the start of
them... Trying to fix the phone rather than the addressbook...

Thanks

Ed W