[asterisk-users] Need a dial rule to match and replace a number.

Royce Souther osgnuru at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 13:46:16 CST 2008

I am using Asterisk 1.2.18 with FreePBX 2.2.0.

I have two Asterisk systems with an IAX2 trunk between them. I want to make
each end so when a user dials the local 7 digit number for the other end it
will try to rute the call through the IAX2 trunk before trying the PSTN
lines. When the call comes in on the other end I want it to hit my external
IVR.

The IAX2 trunk connection is working great a call going to 1234567 goes over
the Internet to the other end but then on the receiving end it tries to dial
out a zap channel to call back in the 1234567 zap channel.

I have the outbound route to match 1234567 to the IAX2 trunk and in the IAX2
trunk I need to strip off the 7 digit number and replace it with a *02 to
call my external IVR on the other end.

For testing I have been trying to make the call connect to my extension on
the other end but I am not having any luck.

I need some help to make this Dial Rule work. This is what I am trying to
use
1234567|+219