[asterisk-users] Cannot hear voice through SIP Phone from one side

Sanjoy Rath sanjoy_rath at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 5 14:32:24 CST 2008

I have a asterisk server. Two SIP Soft XLites are connected to the server. I am able to make
calls from one SIP Phones to the other SIP Phones and landlines successfully. The SIP Soft Phone on th eother side can hear my voice but I cannot hear their voice.

They can call my local cell phone as well. Samething, they can hears my voice, I cannot hear their voice.

The microphone and speakers are working on both sides because we are able to use google talk and are able to talk successfully. But it would not work on XLite over asterisk for some reason.

The Asterisk server is a linux server. There is no firewall between the servers. It is in a DMZ.

Any suggestion how to get it to work :)

Thanks,
Sanjoy.