[asterisk-users] [Softphones] ZoIPer vs. XLite?

Vincent vincent.delporte at bigfoot.com
Tue Feb 5 02:07:01 CST 2008

Hello

	I need to hook up someone's remote PC onto our Asterisk server over
the Net. There are firewalls on each side, so I figured it's time to
give IAX a try, and see if it's less of a pain to use than SIP. And
since IAX hardphones are pretty are, I guess I'll go softphone.

Apparently, the two most well-known IAX and SIP clients for Windows
are ZoIPer and X-Lite, respectively.

For those of you have tried both, especially in a context with NAT
firewalls on both sides, what's the outcome? Did you stick to ZoIPer,
or is it not good on par with X-Lite? Are other clients I should know
about?

http://www.zoiper.com/
http://www.counterpath.com/

Thanks.