[asterisk-users] PRI with 20 channels

Steve Totaro stotaro at totarotechnologies.com
Mon Feb 4 06:17:15 CST 2008

On Feb 4, 2008 4:37 AM, Rob Hillis <rob at hillis.dyndns.org> wrote:

>  Leave your zaptel config as it is.  In zapata.conf, configure your channel
> group as being channels 1-15,16-20.
>
>  It does no harm at all to configure all the PRI channels in zaptel.conf.
> Since Asterisk refers to zapata.conf when it comes to actual utilisation of
> the channels, that's where you reduce the number of channels.
>
>  voip crazy wrote:
>
> Dear all,
>
>  I have got a PRI line with E1 20 channels, my question is:
>  span=1,1,0,ccs,hdb3,crc4
> bchan=1-15
> dchan=16
> bchan=17-31
>
> If this is my zaptel config for an E1 PRI line, Which would be the config
> for a reduced PRI line for 15 channels? and for 20 channels?
>

>  Thanks in advance.
>
>  VoIPcrazy

I don't think you would have any problems defining the entire E1 (30 b
chans) in both config files.  Provided you do not disable
resetinterval, and your telco only signals the correct number of b
chans as "up", you should be fine.

With that configuration, one phone call to the telco "Yes, can you
please turn up X more channels on my E1" should result in no user
intervention on your side to utilize the new b chans as they are
turned up.

Thanks,
Steve Totaro