[asterisk-users] transcoder

Steve Totaro stotaro at totarotechnologies.com
Mon Feb 4 05:14:37 CST 2008

On Feb 4, 2008 12:22 PM, Khaled Chehab <kchehab at xplorium.com> wrote:

> Dears
>
> Any one knows a standalone voip transcoder software name,not an ip pbx.
> What I want is to  transcode the incoming sip calls from g711 to g723 or
> ilbc or g729 ..... and forward it to a media gateway ..
>

> Regards
>
> Khaled chehab

Definitions are funny things.  What exactly is an IP PBX?

Certainly a stripped down Asterisk box can do  what you want (as you
described) and not qualify as an IP PBX.

When does something become an IP PBX?  When you load IVR, voicemail,
conferencing, or some kind of complex dialplan?

Thanks,
Steve Totaro