[asterisk-users] switch QOS requirements

Al lists asteriskal at gmail.com
Sun Feb 3 23:42:16 CST 2008

Theoretically, setting TOS value ( these days called DSCP) wont change
anything in switch behavior, unless you are using Layer 3 switches.
What makes a difference in a switch is COS bits, and i'm not sure how
asterisk sets that.
I guess to be safe, you would need to create 2 VLANS and in the switch
define on VLAN  as a high priority VLAN.