[asterisk-users] Console/dsp, makes me sound like a Dalek

Thomas Kenyon digium at sanguinarius.co.uk
Sun Feb 3 17:56:25 CST 2008

I need to set up the sound card of a server to use in an overhead paging
system, as normal I am testing this on my home machine first (which has
slightly different Hardware).

I'm using chan_alsa with the Intel HD Audio driver on an Intel 82801G
(ICH7 Family) sound card.

I am running Asterisk 1.4.17 and have a fully loaded TDM400P as a timing
source.

When calling console/dsp (using various methods) the output from the
sound card changes the voice to sound like a Dalek, which looks similar
to bug id# 0003005 from 2004, (to which the answer was to buy a better
card).

The server that I will need to get this running on has an 82801EB/ER
(ICH5/ICH5R) AC'97 sound controller (and no expansion space left to put
another card in).

Does anybody know if this can work with the above hardware?

Does anybody know where I should start looking to fix this?

TIA for any help with this matter.