[asterisk-users] Multiple SIP phones behind a Linksys firewall

Luki lugosoft at gmail.com
Sat Feb 2 21:54:42 CST 2008

> I always assumed that you can have multiple SIP phones behind a Linksys
> firewall/router (WRT54G) all using the same STUN server/port.

I got 10-20 SPA942's behind a OpenWRT router (on WRT54G, WRTSL54GS,
...) at several sites, no STUN, no special configuration, no problems
at all. Just as a precaution, I set the SIP port and RTP port range
for each phone differently so that it's unique (i.e. Phone 1 SIP port
6001 and RTP 10100-10199, etc.) but that's really just a precaution to
help the the Linux' conntrack on the OpenWRT a bit. It's not really
needed as the router will resolve port conflicts by rewriting the
ports transparently.

Bottom line, a few phones behind a well-behaved NAT should work just fine.

/Luki