[asterisk-users] Zaptel timer on Intel Dual Core servers

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Sat Feb 2 16:15:07 CST 2008

On Sat, Feb 02, 2008 at 09:46:42AM +0100, Johansson Olle E wrote:
> Friends,
>
> I'm having severe problems with zaptel timers on Intel Dual Core
> systems with SMP code enabled. Ztdummy, zaptel connected to Digium TDM
> or PRI cards - all ends up with large timer probems - zttest going
> down to 50% accuracy on some systems, even to -1 on ztdummy systems
> and voice quality is no more.  A restart is the only way to get back
> to a working system.

A restart of asterisk? Not touhcing the kernel modules?

What CPU is it, exactly? /proc/cpuinfo would help.

What version of Zaptel? Asterisk? Kernel? distribution?

What happens if you don't run those meetme-s?

> We're only running a few meetme's with a total of 10 participants, so
> the load is not excessive. Only SIP calls, nothing else (it's me,
> right :-) ) ? If I hit the system with SIPP targeting an extension
> only doing playback, which doesn't even use zttimer, the timer slides
> away.

When exactly does a playback to a SIP channel use timing from zaptel? I
know that bad zaptel timer is known to mess sound playback anywhere. I
just don't fuly understand why.

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com