[asterisk-users] Multiple SIP phones behind a Linksys firewall

John Von Essen john at quonix.net
Sat Feb 2 14:11:36 CST 2008

I posted an email a few days regarding a problem with hearing the
voicemail greeting on my sip phones.

It turns out to be a phone/stun/linksys issue - not an asterisk issue.
Which brings up a couple of questions....

I always assumed that you can have multiple SIP phones behind a Linksys
firewall/router (WRT54G) all using the same STUN server/port.

But apparently thats not the case. Is it a Linksys bug, a Grandstream bug
in the BudgeTone-100 phone, or am I off base and just doing something
wrong?

I cleary have problems as soon as I try to use a second phone behind the
Linksys - registration issues, cant hear voicemail greeting, etc.,.

My next test was to run multiple STUN servers on the same machine with
different ports. Then, for my multiple SIP phones behind the Linksys, have
each phone use a different stun port.

Any thoughts?

John