[asterisk-users] IP Phone support SIP and IAX

randulo spamsucks2005 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 2 02:59:10 CST 2008

On Jan 22, 2008 3:40 PM, Jared Smith <jsmith at digium.com> wrote:
> I received a couple of ALL7960 phones from ALLNET Network in Germany
> this past week, and the firmware handles both SIP and IAX.  I haven't
> done a lot of stress testing on them, but so far I'm very happy with the
> phones and their ability to easily make both SIP and IAX calls.

Jared et al,

I have had one of these phones for about a week, with only a little
time to "play" with it. I wrote a very incomplete review that I hope
to finish RSN but here's a few observations:
http://voipusersconference.org/review and I do hope to add more meat
to it. Michael Graves has posted a bunch of photos on that site as
well.

My very first evaluation is that this would be a perfect first phone
for an Asterisk newbie, replacing for example the Grandstream BT100
which is inferior in many ways but also cheaper than the Allnet. The
Allnet can be set to do SIP or IAX2 in the web interface, but the
unique feature AFAIK is that it can be set to do both so you can dial
a (configurable) *0 for SIP and *1 for IAX. This is great for testing.
The phone can register with up to four servers and it can speed dial
any number. That means it can speed dial a SIP URI and I haven't
figured out if this is doable on either the Polycom ip500 or the
Sipura SPA-941 that I own. The voice quality seems very good to me and
the phone has a much sturdier feel than most of the competition in
this price range.

I'm told the US dealer, somewhere in Florida, hasn't answered the call
put in a few days ago yet. In the meantime, there is a UK dealer

http://www.allnetuk.com/

The dealer I was told to contact by the German wholesaler to buy the
phone in France is called Senso Telecom:

http://www.senso-telecom.com/content/view/13/28/lang,en/

Here's the wholesaler page with other countries on it: http://212.18.29.54