[asterisk-users] Zaptel timer on Intel Dual Core servers

Johansson Olle E oej at edvina.net
Sat Feb 2 02:46:42 CST 2008

Friends,

I'm having severe problems with zaptel timers on Intel Dual Core
systems with SMP code enabled. Ztdummy, zaptel connected to Digium TDM
or PRI cards - all ends up with large timer probems - zttest going
down to 50% accuracy on some systems, even to -1 on ztdummy systems
and voice quality is no more.  A restart is the only way to get back
to a working system.

We're only running a few meetme's with a total of 10 participants, so
the load is not excessive. Only SIP calls, nothing else (it's me,
right :-) ) ? If I hit the system with SIPP targeting an extension
only doing playback, which doesn't even use zttimer, the timer slides
away.

I've played around with the irqbalance daemon, but don't see any big
differences with or without it.

My question is if anyone else have seen this and if anyone has a
possible solution?

Thanks in advance for your help!

/Olle