[asterisk-users] Asterisk's DANGEROUS Transfer CDR's

Grey Man greyvoip at yahoo.com.au
Fri Feb 1 15:19:12 CST 2008

> From: Mindaugas Kezys <mkezys at gmail.com>
> Sent: Friday, 1 February, 2008 4:04:30 PM
> Subject: Re: [asterisk-users] Asterisk's DANGEROUS Transfer CDR's

transfer
their
calls
on
Local
PBX.

Hi Mindaugas,

That's a good tip, thanks for that.

My concerns would be that the call path is now running through two Asterisk servers and that could add some quality problems, probably negligible though. The other concern would be that for fault tolerance we'd now need double the number of servers. If we currently require 3 Asterisk load balanced servers then now we are going to need 6. It's an idea worth toying around with though.

Maybe we could specify that all customers that required the ability to transfer had to use server x and then from the SIP Proxy only allow REFER requests to that server.

Regards,

Greyman.

www.yahoo7.com.au/y7mail