[asterisk-users] SIP Softphones and Citrix ?

d4rk f1br d4rkf1br at gmail.com
Fri Feb 1 09:12:38 CST 2008

Anyone aware of any SIP softphones that might virtualize well with Citrix
presentation server?  I suspect I know the answer already as I have been
researching softphones that work with Cisco CallManager that can be
virtualized if you will with Citrix and have come to learn that its not
something that seems to be doable at this time.  I have to assume that the
issues affecting the virtualization of cisco softphones with Citrix will
come into play with SIP softphones as well.

Seems that the two biggest issues revolve around wrapping the UDP stream up
with the ICA protocol, and possibly issues with the various mics and
speakers and having to interface with them I think.

However, I am also a firm believer that anything is possible, practical well
not usually, and it may just be the time has not come yet for this.  There
is a good article about this over at:

http://www.brianmadden.com/content/article/How-should-Citrix-integrate-VoIP-with-Presentation-Server

Any thoughts, comments or insight into this and your experiences around any
of this is appreciated.