[asterisk-users] Unicall

Moises Silva moises.silva at gmail.com
Fri Feb 1 08:35:26 CST 2008

Mark, you are confusing terms here.

You DO NOT have Unicall 1.4.9-0.1, libunicall does not even use that
convention for its versions. What you have is astunicall-1.4.9-01.
AstUnicall is just a package with patches and proper versions of
spandsp, libsupertone, libunicall, libmfcr2, zaptel and Asterisk to
run MFC/R2.

Now, having said that, to answer your question, if you just recompile
Asterisk w/o upgrading, then no, you don't need anything. If you want
to upgrade Asterisk, then it depends. Small version upgrades (like
1.4.9 to 1.4.17) probably do not require to change anything, just copy
channels/chan_unicall.c and the Makefile entries of channels/Makefile
and you have good chances of being fine. Upgrading from 1.4 to 1.6
increases the chances of a broken compilation or runtime error. In
general, if you have NO knowledge of C, then you will have to try and
find yourself if it works or not :)

Regards,

Moisés Silva

On Feb 1, 2008 7:24 AM, Mark Welch <mwelch at strtrade.com> wrote:

> Hello All, we have Asterisk 1.4.9, Unicall 1.4.9-0.1, and Zaptel 1.4.5.1.
> If we were to update or recompile Asterisk, would we need to do anything
> with Unicall or Zaptel?
>

> Thanks in advance

"I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the
death your right to say it." Voltaire