[asterisk-users] h priority problem

Atis Lezdins atis at iq-labs.net
Fri Feb 1 06:00:40 CST 2008

On 2/1/08, Paul Hales <pdhales at optusnet.com.au> wrote:

> I need to carry a variable over into the 'h' priority - so I can go back
> and clean up DB entries in a mysql database (time of call and so on)
>
> I tried using UNIQUEID but it seems that 'h' generates a new one.
>
> Anyone have any ideas? What can I use to carry a variable over into
> 'h'??

You have to understand that there's several channels for one call.
Variables are only inherited from parent channel to child, if you make
them inheritable by prepending underscore or two underscores. For
example - if you want to have one common unique identifier for call -
do this at beginning of each channel:

if ("${call_id}"="") {
  Set(__call_id=${UNIQUEID});
}

Then you can use this to store something shared in asterisk internal DB()

Regards,
Atis

--
Atis Lezdins