[asterisk-users] Friday VUC 12 Noon ET with Kristian Kielhofner: Identifying Asterisk Quality Issues

Kristian Kielhofner kristian.kielhofner at gmail.com
Wed Dec 31 14:35:00 CST 2008

On 12/31/08, randulo <spamsucks2005 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Happy New Year in advance by a few ticks for the northern hemisphere.
>
>  Here's the first topic and guest for 2009:
>
>  In any voice path there are several potential sources of quality
>  problems, ranging from
>  echo to voice dropouts and everything in between.  With VoIP systems
>  the potential for
>  quality problems increases dramatically, often times making it very difficult to
>  identify the source of the problem.  Recqual is a utility that uses Asterisk and
>  Ecasound to make comparisons of complete audio paths - whether they be
>  IP, TDM, or any
>  combination.  In this Friday's VoIP User's Conference, Kristian
>  Kielhofner will give an
>  introduction to Recqual and provide several examples of its usage in real world
>  contexts.
>
>  More on Recqual here on Kristian's blog : http://tr.im/recqual2 or on
>  Voip-Info: http://tr.im/recqual
>
>  Join us if your head isn't still throbbing.
>
>  Best to all of you out there,
>
>  /r

  I'd like to add that I am recruiting devs and other experts to
participate in this call.  John Todd will be joining me along with
several others (hopefully) to provide real world input on overall call
quality topics, such as:

- RTCP/RTCP XR
- QoS
- Etc, etc

  It's shaping up (no pun intended) to be a very interesting call!

--
Kristian Kielhofner
http://blog.krisk.org