[asterisk-users] error on alsa

Jerry Geis geisj at pagestation.com
Wed Dec 31 13:06:03 CST 2008

Jerry Geis wrote:

>> I spent some time looking at this and I may have identified a possible
>> problem.  Please try the patch located here:
>> http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=14153
>>

> Tilghman,
>
> I downloaded the patch. cd'd to my asterisk directory.
> tried to do "patch -p1 < 20081231__bug14153.diff.txt"
> and it says:
>
> can't find file to patch at input line 3
> Perhaps you used the wrong -p or --strip option?
> The text leading up to this was:
> --------------------------
> |--- channels/chan_alsa.c       (revision 166949)
> |+++ channels/chan_alsa.c       (working copy)
> --------------------------
> File to patch:
> [root at rock  asterisk-1.4.22]#
>
> clearly I am in the 1.4.22 directory from the prompt.
> This is my first patch but I thought I was doing it correctly.
> What am I missing?
>
> Jerry

Tilghman,

I manually typed in the channels/chan_alsa.c and it took the patch.
It also seems to have fixed the issue.

When might this get into the main stream release?
The comments say "not for tarball release".

It has been over a couple minutes and still working. So I think that was
the issue.
Thanks so much for pointing me to this solution.

Jerry