[asterisk-users] Troubles with AEL

Steve Murphy murf at digium.com
Wed Dec 31 11:31:30 CST 2008

On Wed, 2008-12-31 at 12:41 +0100, Benoit wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm migrating some macro from extension.conf format to AEL and they are
> some things
> i don't understand, and some i don't evan know how to get them working.
>
> Example:
>     Doing this "queueMemberList=${QUEUE_MEMBER_LIST(queue)};"  won't
> make any warning
>         message, however the resulting variable value won't be the
> expected one (a string) but some kind of number
>
>     However this work: Set(queueMemberList=${QUEUE_MEMBER_LIST(${queue})});
>        Is there a reason ? i have the same comportement with CUT()

Benoit--

Set works because it is translated directly into the dialplan;

queueMemberList=${QUEUE_MEMBER_LIST(queue)};

is translated into queueMemberList=$[${QUEUE_MEMBER_LIST(queue)}]
(note the $[] added), which is probably not what you want in this
case, but would be fine if you wanted the RHS to be evaluated...

The voip-info wiki is a good resource here in explaining the
fine points: http://voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+AEL2
with some examples at
http://voip-info.org/wiki/view/AEL+Example+Snippets

murf