[asterisk-users] Newbie Polycom: Cannot conference with >10 digit 3rd party

Dave Fullerton dfullertasterisk at shorelinecontainer.com
Tue Dec 30 07:42:22 CST 2008

Lee, John (Sydney) wrote:
> Calling all Polycom gurus:
>
> I am using Polycom IP601 phones with Asterisk 1.4.21.2
>
> In all Polycom phones, I set the following in sip.cfg.
>
> <dialplan dialplan.impossibleMatchHandling="2">
>    </dialplan>
>
> (I leave the digitmap unchanged because I thought setting
> impossibleMatchHandling will ignore the bitmap)
>
> ...so that I could dial any number by entering a variable-size telephone
> number and then hit the send or dial key.
>
> This works quite well except when I am doing conferencing.
>
> It goes like this: I dialled the 1st party and was answered.
> Then I press conf key and then enter the 3rd party.  I can keep entering
> until it reaches the 10th digit and then the 10-digit number is
> automatically dialled.
>
> Any thoughts?

I don't think the 2 works quite that way. From what I read in the admin
guide the impossibleMatchHandling lets you tell the phone how it should
handle numbers that are dialed that do NOT match the dial plan. Your
numbers that are longer than 10 digits probably match one of the entries
in the phone's dialplan so as soon as it matches it sends the number to
asterisk. You will either need to wipe out the phone dialplan and
replace it with a generic "X.T" or add a digit map for the number you
are dialing that is greater than 10 digits long.

-Dave