[asterisk-users] SIP host=dynamic help needed for CCME

Mark G. Thomas Mark at Misty.com
Mon Dec 29 15:55:48 CST 2008

Hi,

I'm trying to get a remote Cisco Call Manager Express (CME) system behind
a dynamic IP address routing both inbound and outbound calls via SIP to my
local asterisk server. I've got a local CME system working fine on the LAN,
where the CME is at a static IP (host=10.5.7.130 in sip.conf), but I can't
figure out how to get it working with host=dynamic, even locally on a test
setup (to avoid NAT complications, etc...)

Here's the local static one, which works fine:

sip.conf:
----------
[general]
context=default
allowguest=no
allowoverlap=no
bindport=5060
bindaddr=0.0.0.0
srvlookup=yes
;
[ccme-inbound]
type=friend
host=10.5.7.130
qualify=yes
context=from-ccme
allow=all
insecure=port,invite
canreinvite=no
;
[ccme-outbound]
type=friend
host=10.5.7.130
qualify=yes
context=from-ccme
trustrpid=yes
sendrpid=yes
allow=all
canreinvite=no
dtmfmode=rfc2833

And, in CME:
-----------------
dial-peer voice 200 voip
 session protocol sipv2
 incoming called-number 2155551212
 dtmf-relay rtp-nte
 codec g711ulaw
 no vad
!
dial-peer voice 101 voip
 description softphones 4-N
 destination-pattern 4[0-9]
 monitor probe icmp-ping
 session protocol sipv2
 session target dns:sylvester.home.misty.com
 dtmf-relay rtp-nte
 codec g711ulaw
 no vad
!
sip-ua
 no remote-party-id
 registrar dns:sylvester.home.misty.com expires 3600 secondary
 sip-server dns:sylvester.home.misty.com

I think if I want to use host=dynamic in sip.conf on asterisk, I need to
do something like this in CME:
-----------------------------------
dial-peer voice 101 voip
 destination-pattern [1-2][0-9]
 session protocol sipv2
 session target dns:sylvester.home.misty.com
 dtmf-relay rtp-nte
 codec g711ulaw
 no vad
!
sip-ua
 authentication username foobar password 7 060F06233B583F4B00 realm NOTSURE
 registrar dns:sylvester.home.misty.com expires 3600
 sip-server dns:sylvester.home.misty.com

And, maybe for sip.conf, something like this:
[foobar]
type=friend
context=from-ccme
host=dynamic
secret=notthis
username=foobar
dtmfmode=rfc2833

But, I'm really not getting far with this. There are tons of examples
online of asterisk configurations to initiate connections to static hosts
such as SIP providers, and CCME examples using static hosts, but I can't
find anything like what I'm doing, even though it seems to me like a
common kind of thing to set up.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mark

--