[asterisk-users] noise in Asterisk 1.4 and 1.6 versions

Noah Miller noahisaacmiller at gmail.com
Mon Dec 29 13:36:24 CST 2008

Hi Abel -

> I had installed Asterisk 1.4 and when I call to a exist extension, the
> voice have noise, but, when I call to a extension does no exist,
> asterisk played a voice that say me that extension does no exist, but
> without noise....
>
> I want I some body can test with a softphone my server,
>
> ip: 75.74.115.209
> user: ramses
> pass: ramses
>
> the extension 1000 exist, try what ever other extension does not exist
> to hear the difference..

I would be willing to bet that the clear voice that you hear is
generated by your phone (probably x-lite?), and not by asterisk.

I'd also be willing to bet that fuzzy voice is caused by a bug that is
present in certain versions of gcc.  What version do you have?  You
can fix by compiling with the DONT_OPTIMIZE option (which should give
you clear sounds), or just upgrade to a more recent version of gcc.

- Noah