[asterisk-users] SMS text messaging capabilities

Tilghman Lesher tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com
Mon Dec 29 11:41:05 CST 2008

On Friday 26 December 2008 04:26:24 am Elliot Murdock wrote:
> > > I noticed that Asterisk has an SMS function, but I am not farmiliar
> > > enough with that technology to make it useful.

If you are located on the US side of the pond and not in a locality which has
British Telecom-supplied lines, I believe you'll find the SMS command to be
of limited (read: no) use.  AFAIK, those are the only type of lines which
support the particular type of signalling expected for the SMS application to
work.

--
Tilghman