[asterisk-users] [Asterisk-users] DTMF pass-through question

jonathan augenstine jaugenstine at gmail.com
Sun Dec 28 16:11:42 CST 2008

I am trying to resolve an issue and I believe it is my configuration.  The
scenario is that I have a SIP detected on the server.  The dial plan then
makes a local connection to another part of the dial plan.  The new dial
plan extension then places another SIP call out to a SIP phone.  When the
call is accepted there is streamed from the calling SIP phone.  When the
audio is complete a DTMF is transmitted to Asterisk.  The DTMF is detected
by Asterisk but it does not get passed through to the other SIP phone.  I
would like the DTMF to pass-through to the other SIP phone.  Is this a
configuration issue?  Or do I need to handle this on the dial plan level?

Jonathan