[asterisk-users] Meetme - play the name

Godson Gera godson.g at gmail.com
Sat Dec 27 00:08:56 CST 2008

On Sat, Dec 27, 2008 at 10:07 AM, sasikala kala
<sasi_jeyalakshmi at yahoo.com>wrote:

> Hi,
> I have a requirement, whenever a user comes into the conference, it has to
> announce the user name to all the person who are all available in the
> conference.
>
> I have used Meetme(,di)
> where i is to announce the user leave/join with review.
> I user used I also, which is to announce the user leave/join with out
> review.
>
> In both the above cases, it is prompting the user to say their name, but
> what i want is, if it gets the name one time, thats all, it should just play
> that name whenever the call comes from the same callerid.
>
> Is it possible to achieve this feature by some way?
>
> Hope somebody would have the same requirement, kindly help to achieve to do
> the same.
>
> thanks and regards
> Sasikala.

On a quick glance at meetme application options, I don't see any such direct
facility that would let you do what you want. But you can try out 'b' option
of meetme to run a AGI+AMI mixed script in background to detect entry of a
new member and then play out their name. AGI and AMI are very powerful you
can easily figure out some solution with them

--
Thanks & Regards,
Godson Gera