[asterisk-users] Problem: no such extension 'xx' in context 'default'

manfred manfred manfred008 at live.de
Fri Dec 26 04:10:22 CST 2008

Hi Guys,

I am not so familiar with asterisk and hope to get help here. I am having now some stupid errors. My goal for the first, is to create a simple pbx with different context.
As long as I use only the contex 'default' everything seems to work perfect. Now I tried to add another context i.e 'internal' and the asterisk is complaining
 for not finding the required extension in the 'default' context. Asterisk schould point this to the internal contex and not default.

here my simply config data :

sip.conf :

[general]
port=5060
bindaddr=0.0.0.0

[10]
type=friend
secret=1234
host=dynamic
context=internal

[11]
type=friend
secret=1234
host=dynamic
context=internal

extensions.conf

[default]
exten =>2,1,Playback(digits/2) ;
exten =>2,2,Goto(default,10,1)
exten=>3,1,Playback(pbx-invalid)
exten=3,2,Goto(default,4,1)
exten=4,1,Playback(vm-goodbye)
exten=>4,2,Hangup()

[internal]
exten => 10,1,Dial(SIP/10,10)
exten =>10,2,Background(vm-nobodyavail)
exten => 11,1,Dial(SIP/11,5)
exten =>11,2,Background(vm-nobodyavail)

now when I dial 10, I got the following error : no such extension '10' in context 'default'

thanks in advance

manfred